The following are elements that will contribute to an escalation of the disease:
- Being overweight – Also known as obesity, this condition puts pressure on our lower body joints. Statistics show that obese people are more prone to arthritis.
- Gout has been found mostly in men, while women often suffered from a type of arthritis called rheumatoid.
- The older an individual gets, the more likely they are to get arthritis. Age increases infection risk by ten-fold, and the more likely types tend to be rheumatoid, gout, and osteoarthritis.
- Besides environmentally-related factors, you’re more likely to suffer from the disease if your family member also did.
- There are high chances for this illness dropping in on a previously injured joint.
Advanced arthritis can cripple a patient and make it nearly impossible for them to carry on with simple tasks that require the use of arms and legs. For some patients, their joints become deformed, especially when weight is involved.
That is why at BZ Pain, we encourage regular checkups even if you do not suspect a likelihood of developing septic, which is caused by bacteria.